Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/50256/domains/home-4-ever.org/html/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210
Home Forever » Our Mission

It is our belief that…

children were designed to be raised in relationship and as part of families.

In the United States alone there are over 400,000 children in the foster care system and 104,236 waiting to be adopted.*

Globally, it is estimated that there are 132,000,000** children who need permanent families. However, only ~10% of these children have lost both parents with the remaining 90% having one living relative and/or are living with extended family.

These data suggest that caring for orphans should also focus on the families and communities that care for orphans. Institutional care is not an alternative for the love and support of a family and community.

by supporting families we will diminish the number of orphaned children in institutions and provide them with the stability and permanence of a family they desperately need and deserve.

Of those eligible for adoption in the US last year, only 49,866 children found permanent families leaving more than 54,000 children edging ever closer to aging out of the system.*

Of the ~ 13,000,000*** children have lost two parents only 250,000 will find permanent homes in any given year.****

By providing permanent homes we will create alternate histories for children and will impact our world

In the US in FY 2011, 26,286 children aged out of the foster care system.* Without the necessary tools to make it on their own, 40-50% will be homeless within 18 months*****. In addition to homelessness, their lives will all too often be marked by crime, lack of education, unemployment, imprisonment, addiction, and teen pregnancy.

Globally, more than 38,000 children age out of their respective systems every day.***

To create alternate histories for children and change our world, we need to RENEW families to provide permanency for children.

*AFCARS (Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System) reports
***Orphan Hope International
****League of Women Voters: Life After Foster Care